How to reach MAOT by public transport
Direct train connections from ‘Berlin/Leipzig’ or Munich (‘München’) to ‘Erlangen,’ or from all other directions connections to ‘Nürnberg Hbf’ (central train station) changing there to ‘Erlangen’.
At Erlangen train station you have two public transport options:
- From the square ‘Hugenottenplatz’ (one-minute walk an east) take bus 284 (towards ‘Sieglitzhof Eskilstunastraße’) to the bus stop ‘Berufsschulzentrum’. Short walk: take the path through at the right of the shop “Der Beck” (near the bus stop). Cross the road ‘Artilleriestrasse’, take the path past the restaurant ‘Unicum’ and cross the park. After the “horse behind the glass” (N.B. artwork) go left and follow the path. You are heading directly towards SAOT/MAOT.
- From the square ‘Hugenottenplatz’ (one-minute walk east) take bus 294 (towards ‘Sieglitzhof Eskilstunastraße’) to the bus stop ‘Doris-Ruppenstein-Straße’. Short walk: cross the main street and turn right about 400 meters straight ahead. Turn left into the ‘Paul-Gordan-Straße. After about 200 meters the entrance door to MAOT/SAOT is on the right-hand side.
From Nuremberg airport (NUE) :
- Bus no. 30 or 30 E in the direction of ‘Erlangen-Hugenottenplatz’ (terminus). Cotinue from the train station in Erlangen as explained in the ‘public transport’ optons above
- Alternatively, take underground line 2 to ‘Nürnberg-Hauptbahnhof’, change to an overground train to ‘Erlangen’ and continue from the train station in Erlangen as described in ‘public transport’ options above
- A 73 from Bamberg:
Take exit ‘Erlangen-Mitte’ and continue on this multi-lane road (‘Werner-v.-Siemens-Strasse’). At the first traffic light after the OMV petrol station (on your right), turn right (into ‘Henkestrasse’); at the second traffic light (T-junction), turn left and then take the first street to the right (‘Artilleriestrasse’). At the second crossroads, turn right (towards the supermarket ‘Handelshof’) and then take an immediately left (after 20m) onto the university campus (‘Röthelheim-Campus’). Follow the road to the right. After 20 m park on the right-hand side and the SAOT/MAOT premises are located on the left some some 20 metres from here.
- A 3 from ‘Frankfurt/Würzburg’ or A 3 from Munich (‘München/Regensburg’) or ‘Heilbronn’, or from Nuremberg (‘Nürnberg’) (via B 4) Exit ‘Tennenlohe’:
Take the B 4 in the direction ‘Erlangen’; after 2 km leave this road and follow the signs for ‘Gräfenberg’; stay on the same road (‘Kurt-Schumacher-Strasse’) for about 4 km. Go straight ahead at the roundabout at the ‘Obi’ hardware store and turn left into ‘Röthelheim-Allee’ at the first traffic light. Paul-Gordan-Str. goes off to the right after about 400m. Drive straight ahead for about 300 m. Park your car in the large car parking lot on the left-hand side. Walk 20 m in the direction you came from. The MAOT/SAOT premises are located on the left-hand side.